We have a fantastic Eco School Council at St Mary Magdalen's.
Every class votes for two children to be their class council representative.
The children then meet up regularly to discuss many issues, ranging from Eco awareness, how to help charities, to themes for dressing up for World Book Day and how to improve our school playground.
Here at St Mary Magdalen's CE Primary School we have a wonderful group of children that help and look after all pupils in school at break and lunchtime.
The role of Playground Buddies involves:
- helping children find new friends
- making children feel comfortable and welcome
- including children who are lonely and helping them to play games
- giving support to children to find solutions to a problem
- being fair and not taking sides
- helping children if they fall over and comforting them
- helping children to find something if they've lost it in the playground
- teaching new games
- asking the playtime supervisors if they are unsure of what to do in a situation
- helping to put away playtime equipment